DIY Soothing Face Cream
80ml cup shea butter
80ml rose water
10ml Vitamin E oil
125ml aloe gel
15 drops Frankincense essential oil
7 drops Rose essential oil
7 drops Lavender essential oil
*Click links above to buy ingredients
2. While shea butter mixture is melting, combine jojoba or sweet almond, rose water, vitamin E oiland aloe gel in a large glass measuring cup. Warm up the liquid in a double boiler (this will help it combine with the oil mixture).
3. Using an immersion blender or hand mixer, blend the heated aloe mixture until it is completely mixed (it will turn a milky colour) and continue to blend while you stream in the melted shea butter mixture.
4. Blend until the cream becomes thick and fluffy.
5. Add the essential oils and mix until combined.
6. Using a spatula, transfer the cream into a large freezer bag or piping tube. Cut the tip of the bag off and pipe into sterilised jars. Seal the jars closed with lids and store cream in the refrigerator for up to one year.
7. Slather over face and enjoy the glorious natural scents.
Tips: Homemade products don’t last as long as store bought. Make sure to store cream in sanitised containers, keep it in the fridge (so it can last up to 1 year), and use a sanitized stick instead of dipping fingers to prolong shelf life. Beeswax, essential oils, and vitamin E act as preservatives.